Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Taking the fear out of Facebook

A number of students, friends, and colleagues have shared their concerns about privacy when it seems everyone else is putting everything online. Facebook is a big topic of conversation - and rightfully so in my view. I'm all for the caution and reflection. What I don't like to hear, however is when someone is afraid of what might happen if they join a social networking site like FB. I am pretty sure the fear stems from lack of information. So, I offer a list of 10 Privacy Settings Every Facebook User Should Know (h/t Deb Stanley).

Feel better?
>>Sherry

If you had not seen it before, the h/t is a "hat tip" to the person who brought the article to my attention.

1 comment:

  1. Facebook has done its job in providing a lot of safety precautions for people to follow, I think its left to people to upload pictures, accept friendships and arrange face to face meetings with caution. FB is a great social networking tool if used with (I hate to use this word, but o well) sense.

    ReplyDelete